(Last Update June 7th, 2016)
If you ended up here you probably already know how snoring affects your life.
You can’t sleep well, you’re not getting the rest you need, and, the worst part is that it’s affecting everyone around you, especially your partner who has to listen to you snoring every night.
Sleep Apnea Research: The HeartBeat Study
I’m sure you’ve already searched for solutions on how to control your snoring, but the fact of the matter is that there are very few snoring devices that work.
When I’m saying snoring devices I’m talking about dental devices like mouthguards or mouthpieces that help you stop snoring.
They’re called anti snoring devices and like I said very few of them work. And from the very few that work a lot of of them are really uncomfortable to wear.
So, with that being said, I want to share with you my personal experience with the Zyppah RX (official website) anti snoring mouthpiece which I have been using for almost 3 months, I got it as a Christmas gift from my fiance Janet. It’s one of the best rated anti snoring mouthpieces on the market.
My review of the Zyppah stop snoring mouthguard
Ok, so first things first, I’m not gonna lie to you it does take some time getting used to it. I was a little worried about the design triggering my gag reflex but to my surprise it didn’t. I want to mention that I’m very sensitive when it comes to this stuff.
How to achieve the custom fit?
The mouthpiece uses the boil and bite technology which allows you to mold it achieveing a perfect fit. Here’s how this goes, it’s pretty simple actually, you just need a pot, 2 small bowls or mugs, tongs and a timer or something to measure the time with.
1. Boil a pot of water.
2. While the water is boiling fill one of the small bowls with iced water and set it aside.
3. After the pot of water has reached boiling temperature, pour the boiling water in the second bowl.
4. Using the tongs, submerge the mouthpiece in the hot water for about 60 seconds.
5. Remove it and let it cool for a couple of seconds. It should be soft and sticky at this point.
6. With the device facing the right way( the word Zyppah is printed on the lower tray) place it in your mouth starting with the lower teeth first. Your teeth should connect at the point where the green moldable plastic touches the black hard plastic. When your teeth are in the right position extend your jaw forward and bite down so that your upper teeth connect in the same point as your lower.
7. Hold the bite for 1 minute.
8. Remove the device from your mouth and place it in the iced water to speed up the hardening process.
9. Check the fit once again after the mouthguard has cooled down. This process can be repeated as many times as you want until the fit is perfect.
Testing out my new anti snoring mouthguard
The boil and bite process worked as promised.
As for the effectivness of the Zyppah anti snoring tongue stabilizing device here’s what you need to know.
The first night I used the device it took me some time before I went to sleep because as I said it takes a bit of time getting used to it, especially the tongue strap.
You may be thinking that it’s bulky, it’s actually not.
As I woke the first morning, my lower jaw felt a little sore, probably because of how the device works by forcing you to keep your jaw extend forward a bit. But the soreness goes away in a couple of hours.
The second night I wore the mouthguard it still was a bit uncomfortable but when I woke up in the morning the first thing I did was to ask my fiance if I snored during the night. The answer I was expecting was yes, the snoring is still there, but she said she didn’t hear any snoring throughout the whole night.
The morning jaw soreness was still there even after the first week but I’d gotten used to it to point that it didn’t bother me anymore.
So yes, for me the Zyppah mouthpiece did work as promised. For me personally it’s the best solution to cure snoring without having to go through a medical procedure.
It has a 30 day money back guarantee, and since it’s supposed to work from the first night you’ve got plenty of time to test it and see for yourself. At this point you can only buy the Zyppah stop snoring device from their official website, www.zyppah.com.
Some facts about the device:
- It was designed by Dr. Johnathan Greenburg, a canadian dentist with over 30 years of experience in the fields of dentistry and bioengineering. He has spent the last 10 years studying sleep apnea and snoring.
- The dental device is manufactured in USA.
- It’s cleared by the United States Food and Drug Administration.